CrossFit Swansea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoover on his Travels

+3
Gez
ralphrip
cdys
7 posters

Go down

Hoover on his Travels Empty Hoover on his Travels

Post  cdys Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 am

Alreet Gents!!

Just got back from my first crossfit sesh at Crossfit Belltown (Seattle) which was pretty good. Did:

Deadlift 5-5-5-5-5 and then 100 KB swings (1.5 pood).

Got a couple of pics but don't know how to post them on here. All really nice people but no-one trained in the gym that was close to the standard of some of the guys back at home. Will be training in crossfit Whistler next. Probably do it in the next 2-3 days so will keep you posted!

Hope rappy has remembered where the gym after his lengthy break before chrimbo!
cdys
cdys

Back to top Go down

Hoover on his Travels Empty Re: Hoover on his Travels

Post  ralphrip Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:57 pm

Yes yes yes, very good Fat Lats. Well done mate.

I found the gym in the same place i left it....but somebody has sprayed the new skipping ropes with starch?

The search for the Skipping Rope Starch Sprayer begins....
ralphrip
ralphrip

Back to top Go down

Post  Gez Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:46 pm

Sounds good Butt! Keep us posted with your antics. You can email me the phots if you want and i'll post em.
Gez
Gez
Admin

http://crossfitswansea.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cdys Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:54 am

Hey ho,

Happy new years gents. I kept my promise and got to Crossfit Whistler today after spending a day falling on my (fat) arse all day. Crossfit Whistler was much more impressive both in terms of setup and quality of athlete at the place. Did the following workout:

BW Back squat x 30
Double under x 30
Wall Ball x 30
Box Jump (24") x 30
Pull up x 30
Burpee x 30

Found it tough-did time of 14:11. Couple of guys did it in sub 8 minutes so they still had time to poke me in the drum and laugh at my fat arse after they had finished!

Might try and get in there again before i head down to Crossfit Vancouver. Also managed to get a t-shirt for our newly formed board as well. If anyone is interested, visit the crossfit belltown website at http://crossfitbelltown.typepad.com/ to see my ugly, sweaty mug.

Over and out, speak soon- off to enjoy some egg nog. Rappy, i hope you're on top of that starch sprayer- something tells me you're not though. Suspect

Craig aka fat lats
cdys
cdys

Back to top Go down

Post  cdys Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:45 am

Hi All,

Thought i'd post just to let you guys know how i'm doing-i know you are all dying to know Laughing

Haven't been training at all so any progress that i had made has now transformed to flab around my drum and ass affraid
I've booked myself in to Crossfit Vancouver on Saturday morning which i am expecting to be hell on earth as it is some sort of annual event for these guys and you HAVE to do the WOD in pairs as it is apparently too punishing to do on your own. I'm looking forward to that as much as a recording session with rapshit (Only Joking, i love you really).

Heard the weather has been pretty brutal at home so will probably be able to make a return to the promised pit on Wed am before getting back to work. I see nothing as changed with the ROM police making their usual appearances- just glad i'm not there to see them.

Hope all had a happy new year, see you soon.Oh and a little bit of good news is that i've got engaged!

Fat(ter) lats Rolling Eyes
cdys
cdys

Back to top Go down

Post  ralphrip Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Good to hear from you Fat Lats, not been the same without you....

Chuffed for you mate! Glad to see your misses has finally put her finger through your ring

March 20th...saying?
ralphrip
ralphrip

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorman Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:34 pm

congrats dude, see you wed.............x

Gorman

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:51 pm

Congrats Craig and the future Mrs Dyson.
I hope your knee was touching the floor when you popped the question otherwise the ROM police will be out lol!
Ryan
Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam J Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:37 pm

Congrats Hoover, nice touch Ryan!!! Laughing
Adam J
Adam J

Back to top Go down

Post  Mudd Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Congrats hoove's you love it!!!
Mudd
Mudd

Back to top Go down

Post  cdys Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:25 am

Alright gents,

Completed my tour today with definately the most impressive and gruelling workout at Crossfit Vancouver!!
It was a massive box and there must hav been about 80 people training at the same time but in different heats.
Did the following workout:

"Century Club"
Each team-mate completes
15 Tabata Squats (ea 8 Rounds)
25 Burpees
50 D-Balls (12/20 Med Ball on Mat)
75 Situps
on their own.
Then as a team completes in order
15 Rope Climbs
100 Wallballs (12/20)
100 Clean and Jerks (65/95)
100 Calorie Row
100 Ring Dips
100 Pullups
and a 400m 45lb Plate Run.

You did it in a team of 2 with a part of the it on your own and then in a pair. Our pair completed it in 58.46 and i found it fooking brutal!! Definately blew away some cobwebs. Some of the guys (and girls) in there were defnately the most impressive i've seen whilst doing crossfit.
The guys there were top guys and i managed to get another t-shirt for our board. Looking forward to getting back to train normally again after pigging out big stylee.

Looking forward to wednesday if not before.

In a bit

Dys
cdys
cdys

Back to top Go down

Post  Mudd Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:32 pm

Sounds like big ol lung burner, good effort getting through it. Embarassed It's got a saturday morning CFS chipper written all over it. Good prep for your next big challenge 20/3/2010. Myself, the Slug, Rossfit and Adam already confirmed attendees. To quote one Ralph Ripshit "TWENTY TEN!!! Dont just say the words, Live them!" Rolling Eyes
Mudd
Mudd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum